Old 02-12-2004, 03:25 AM
Roger Snipes

I think the buttonwood that Iris was referring to is Conocarpus erectus - a
tropical tree.

Regards,
Roger Snipes
Spokane, WA. Zone 5, or maybe 6 depending on who you believe.

Old 02-12-2004, 06:39 AM
Theo

Hello Marco
I just received yesterday a private mail with your name containing a
Virus ( no problem) have you been attacked lately?)
Thanks for the platanus occidentalis nor my translater nor google
could give me an answer ;-)

--
MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :

Old 02-12-2004, 06:51 AM
Theo

Hi Iris

Iris Cohen wrote:

I do not know the european name for the buttonwood..
Theo,

SNIP

since

its whole appeal is the deadwood.

what do you mean ? I do not understand this phrase

Thanks

Old 02-12-2004, 07:04 AM
Theo

Hi Again

Iris Cohen wrote:

here it is
http://www.plantatlas.usf.edu/images.asp?plantID=2807
it make me think to this one
that is a woderful tree :corbezzolo of the mediterranean area coarse
evergreen leaves, not over 1,5 " long slow growth reddish and hard
carry white pinkish flowers in grapes like Pieris and can have fruits
and flowers at the same time is hardy and has quite hard wood and
makes edibles fruits that I love rought as leeches but you eta the
whole very tiny seeds in a sweet sour pulp teh color outside varies from
yellow orandge to strawberry red when fully ripe

it has been grown as bonsai as I had it in Bonsai & news
it is a bush that does not overtake the 6-7 ft in height I have 2 in
the park nearby home
http://www.comune.casolavalsenio.ra....corbezzolo.htm
will make some pictures in case..

Old 02-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Henrik Gistvall

Iris Cohen wrote:

A common error. This is why we have botanical names.

Speaking of botanical names. I´m translating an article to english on
botanical names. I need some help with it. If anyone is interested
please let me know. It includes getting the terms right as well as spell
and grammar check. It will be published in a an american newsletter and
we could put it on the IBC knowledgebase as well if there is any interest.

Henrik Gistvall, Uppsala, Sweden

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 02-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Henrik Gistvall

Iris Cohen wrote:

A common error. This is why we have botanical names.

Speaking of botanical names. I´m translating an article to english on
botanical names. I need some help with it. If anyone is interested
please let me know. It includes getting the terms right as well as spell
and grammar check. It will be published in a an american newsletter and
we could put it on the IBC knowledgebase as well if there is any interest.

Henrik Gistvall, Uppsala, Sweden

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

New year , new place , new garden Terry Coombs Edible Gardening 3 16-04-2013 06:55 PM
[IBC] Translation help botanical names was: new tendency Henrik Gistvall Bonsai 1 03-12-2004 08:30 AM
[IBC] new tendency Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 13 02-12-2004 05:03 PM
new tendency Theo Bonsai 0 01-12-2004 08:14 PM
Transplanting Trees...New gardener...New poster kahunamo Gardening 3 03-06-2003 05:32 PM