Old 05-12-2004, 06:07 AM
Salvelinus

Nic, the main page loads, but not the forum. You get a picture of the
Grinch, and that's it.

Jim, I have no interest in increasing visits to bonsaiweb. Actually, it
wouldn't matter even if I did, as no one can visit there anyway. There are
quite a few people who visit multiple forums, with this one being one of the
most common. I've also posted at BonsaiTALK, but that forum is down now,
too.

It's just that I've lost contact with a great many good friends, maybe for a
very long time, and thought some might lurk here like I do. I'm just
looking for some answers, and maybe a new "home." I hope you understand,
and sorry if I've offended.

--Scott

--
"There seems to be no survivors to interview, but I suspect [kamakazi
pilots] did not shout 'traytree' the moment before their personal

To send e-mail, prune the bonsai.
"Jim Lewis" wrote in message
On 05/12/2004 15:27:15,
wrote:

I'm sorry if this offends anyone here. I'm just trying to find out if
anyone knows anything about it.

And Nic found:

Doesn't appear to have a problem on my end.

It is NOT my FAV bonsai website, but it comes up for me too.

And, think about it for a moment. Why would ANYone bother to
hack such a low-visit (in relative terms compared with 99% of
the rest of the web) site? Maybe a hacker's kindergarten
graduation?

And why ask here (rec.arts.bonsai)? Makes me wonder if the
original poster (totally unknown to me) wasn't someone
soliciting visits to bonsaiweb ?????????

Jim Lewis -
- Tallahassee, FL - Ever
cynical and suspicious.

****

****
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 13-12-2004, 08:53 AM
Registered User

Hi Scott
I havent posted in a while but I still read bonsaiweb all the time.
I found this post googling 'salvelinus'.
I'm very upset about this. bonsaiweb was my favourite bonsai site.
email me @ if you find anything out.
thanks,
plasticanimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvelinus

Old 13-12-2004, 09:01 AM
Registered User

BTW Jim, while bonsaiweb has low usership, it is the first to come up on search engines. This was probably why it was targeted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticanimal
Old 13-12-2004, 11:42 AM
Nicolas Steenhout

On 13/12/2004 22:01:18, wrote:
BTW Jim, while bonsaiweb has low usership, it is the first to come up on
search engines.

Search engine ranking is quite an obscure "science"... While bonsaiweb does
come at the top often, our own site (internetbonsaiclub.org) is ranking
quite well. It often depends what keywords you use for your search. Matter
of fact, thanks to our high ranking, our webhost (
http://www.rochenhost.com
) is donating the space, traffic, etc. Not an insignificant donation if you
ask me

But let's not waste anymore bandwidth on this issue, eh?

Nic
IBC Webmaster

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 13-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Jim Lewis

On 13 Dec 2004 at 9:01, plasticanimal wrote:

BTW Jim, while bonsaiweb has low usership, it is the first to come up on
search engines. This was probably why it was targeted.

Yah. By Harry (BANZAI!) Hacker, no doubt, thinking he could get
maximum impact from his work by depriving the millions of bonsai
growers of info they need to keep their trees alive. Or maybe
it was just practice by some 10-year-old apprentice . . . but
nah. He'd pick some skateboarding website.

Someone there prolly kicked the plug out of the wall. Or
something.

There's enough crap going on in the world without dreaming up
more.

And Bonsaiweb comes up early because the letters B O N S A and I
lead off the name.

Someone searching for I N T E R N E T prolly is puzzled when the
Internet Bonsai Club comes up fairly high on his list. ;-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Who makes
Doubting Thomas look like an optimist these days, but still . .
.. there ARE limits.

Old 13-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Jim Lewis

[...]

Big Bertha Thing hacked Tony Lance[_3_] United Kingdom 2 28-03-2007 06:55 AM
Bonsaiweb Hacked Salvelinus Bonsai 0 05-12-2004 02:27 AM
Bonsaiweb Hacked Salvelinus Bonsai 0 05-12-2004 02:27 AM
[IBC] FW: [IBC] Mastering Technique (Was [IBC] proposal) Mark Hill Bonsai 1 27-02-2003 11:25 PM
[IBC] To: IBC Enforcer (was: [IBC] Juniper Bonsai life expectancy?) Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 12-02-2003 11:25 PM