Old 28-12-2004, 11:14 AM
Peter

Default New Here, Hello

Hi,

I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself. Pete is the name and I'm from
Durham, England (NE).

I've liked Bonsai trees for a while now, and this Christmas was given a kit
consisting of Australian Flowering Gum Tree and St. Joseph's Bread Tree,
both to grow from seed.

I'll probably be here asking questions, some probably stupid, please bear
with me ;-)

Is there a group FAQ I can read before I ask the same questions that have
been answered since the beginning of time?

Thanks,

Pete.

Old 28-12-2004, 02:57 PM
Alan Walker

Pete: There are no stupid questions, only foolish assumptions.
I have two suggestions in response to your request. First, yes,
the IBC has a pretty fair FAQ at its web site. The address of
that site is automatically placed at the bottom of each post on
this list, but for your added convenience, here's the link to the
FAQ: http://internetbonsaiclub.org/faq/
My second suggestion is for you to find a local bonsai
club, because some of your questions will be best addressed by
those familiar with your local needs, such as climate and
resources. You can probably find a nearby club or two at the
FoBBS site at: http://www.ukbonsai.org/member_societies.html

Alan Walker

I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself. Pete is the name
and I'm from Durham, England (NE).

I've liked Bonsai trees for a while now, and this Christmas was
given a kit consisting of Australian Flowering Gum Tree and St.
Joseph's Bread Tree, both to grow from seed.

I'll probably be here asking questions, some probably stupid,
please bear
with me ;-)

Is there a group FAQ I can read before I ask the same questions
that have been answered since the beginning of time?

Thanks,
Pete.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 09-01-2005, 12:32 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
Hi,

I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself. Pete is the name and I'm from
Durham, England (NE).

I've liked Bonsai trees for a while now, and this Christmas was given a kit
consisting of Australian Flowering Gum Tree and St. Joseph's Bread Tree,
both to grow from seed.

I'll probably be here asking questions, some probably stupid, please bear
with me ;-)

Is there a group FAQ I can read before I ask the same questions that have
been answered since the beginning of time?

Thanks,

Pete.
Hi Pete,
My husband and I got an Australian Flowering Gum Tree and St. Joseph's Bread Tree for Christmas too. We have shoots from the gum tree but weren't sure how to germinate the St. Joesph's bread at first although we found its latin name ceratonia siliqua and discovered it needs to start life in the fridge! Hope we can keep our toddler away from it for long enough to get shoots.Let us know how your trees are going. Nina.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:01 AM
Iris Cohen

but weren't sure how to germinate the St. Joesph's bread at first although
we found its latin name Ceratonia siliqua and discovered it needs to start life
in the fridge! BRBR

St. Joseph's bread? I thought it belonged to St. John. I have germinated carob
seeds. I don't believe they need to be stratified. However, they are very
susceptible to damping off.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"A tree never hits an automobile except in self defense." - Woody Allen

Old 11-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Peter

"Nina" wrote in message
news:1105236574.df8764b1fecf035fcaa3f0f2e1652bd3@t eranews...

--
Nina

Thanks Nina. Was having trouble finding info under the common name. I'll
look for ceratonia siliqua. Wonder if we got the same kit.

Peter.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Peter

Peter Wrote:
[...]

Hello, a newbie here Gilli99 United Kingdom 39 19-03-2009 06:01 PM
[IBC] New Here, Hello jklewis Bonsai 5 14-01-2005 12:34 AM
Hello, new here and question about Tulips mtostenrude Gardening 0 23-02-2004 02:35 AM
Hello, new here and question about Tulips WiGard Gardening 7 21-02-2004 07:32 PM
New here - hello Everyone Hazell B United Kingdom 0 06-11-2003 07:47 PM