Old 19-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Mark Mantolfo

Default Bonsai Screensaver - Final week for submissions

Dear Bonsai enthusiasts,

Just a quick reminder that the submissions deadline for the Bonsai
Screensaver is next week.
Thanks to all who have submitted images for the Bonsai Screensaver project
so far, the response has been quite heartening.

For those unfamiliar with the project:-
I'm creating a FREE Bonsai screensaver for the Windows platform.
Adware/Spyware free.
Purpose being to raise the profile of Bonsai artists/studios on the internet
and to promote a sense of community within the online Bonsai scene.
Completion date will be late January/early February.
All images appearing in the screensaver will be fully credited.

Please send images along with credit/copyright/url info to

Thanks again,

Mark Mantolfo

Old 23-01-2005, 12:49 PM
PB

Sorry I don't have any pics to contribute. No matter how much I have
tried or how much I've spent, I can't keep bonsai alive for more than 5
or 6 months! So I have to settle for "virtual bonsai". Can I please get
a copy of it when you are done?

Old 23-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Jim Lewis

On 23 Jan 2005 at 4:49, PB wrote:

Sorry I don't have any pics to contribute. No matter how much I have
tried or how much I've spent, I can't keep bonsai alive for more than 5
or 6 months! So I have to settle for "virtual bonsai". Can I please get
a copy of it when you are done?

You obviously are doing something wrong.

What trees have you tried?
Where did you try to grow them? Indoors? Outdoors?
Were they "finished" bonsai, or plants you made into bonsai?
If the latter, did you dig it up or buy at a nursery, cut the
roots, cut the top and plant in a shallow bonsai pot all at
once?
Have you looked for a local bonsai club to give you some help?
Have you taken a bonsai class?
Have you looked at our on-line juniper class (get to it through
the address below)?
Have you read everything in our Knowledge Base (same address)?
Have you read everything at www.evergreengardenworks.com?
Have you bought or borrowed (library) any books on bonsai? Any
videos?
Have you any experience at growing anything else?

Money spent is not a measure of longevity. You can kill the
absolute best bonsai in the world in exactly as many days as it
takes the worst one to die.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 24-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Mark Mantolfo

Sure, I'll be posting an url address once the screensaver is complete.
Btw I need the services of someone running windows XP willing to test the
screensaver once it's complete. (I'm running 98 here).

Any interested parties feel free to contact me:

Thanks.

"PB" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry I don't have any pics to contribute. No matter how much I have
tried or how much I've spent, I can't keep bonsai alive for more than 5
or 6 months! So I have to settle for "virtual bonsai". Can I please get
a copy of it when you are done?

submissions to PLANTS [email protected] Plant Science 0 12-08-2008 06:13 AM
Water garden screensaver George Ponds 4 20-04-2005 07:22 AM
[IBC] Bonsai Screensaver - Image Submissions Wanted Edmund L. Castillo Bonsai 1 14-01-2005 12:34 AM
Bonsai Screensaver - Image Submissions Wanted Mark Mantis Bonsai 8 05-01-2005 12:32 PM
OGTR INVITES SUBMISSIONS ON GM COTTON David Kendra sci.agriculture 0 17-09-2003 01:36 AM