Old 21-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Scooter the Mighty

Default Alder, i think? & feed advice.

To identify it, I'd go to Google, hit the "Images" tab, and type in
"Alder leaves." You should get pictures of alder leaves, and if they
look like your trees, you have your answer.

I'd probably dump the food you got and get some that doesn't stink.
Alders are pretty sturdy trees. They grow out of my rain gutters if I
don't clean them fast enough. They grow in my clay and gravel
driveway. I can't think they're all that fussy about needing special
food.

Old 22-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Nina

I wonder if it *is* an alder? Alders make poor bonsai; I doubt anyone
would sell one shaped in an "S" (they grow so rapidly I don't know how
you'd maintain the styling). You should take it to a reputable nursery
and have it correctly identified, then you'll know what kind of care to
give it.

Sorry I don't have any good guesses- if you have a digital camera you
could post a picture to our gallery.

Nina.

Old 23-03-2005, 11:48 AM
gary

Thanks
I did a google images search & it does resemble an Alder. The smelly feed
that resembles dope, should i grate it onto the earth around the tree, there
is moss.
It does look good in the 'S' shape!
I'll try to get it posted!
oups.com...