Old 25-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Mike

Default Apartment and Bonsai

Hey All,

I am interested in getting a bonsai tree for my apartment. Just want a small
tree but was wondering what sort of lighting i need to sustain it in an
apartment for the summer. It cannot be put outback as I have no out back to
put it. I was wondering the time of light needed, how many watts and how
long should i have the light on for.

looking for a small juniper, also anyone know any good place to get a potted
half way decent tree, i live in philadelphia, pa.

Old 28-04-2005, 12:21 AM
Scooter the Mighty

I agree with the other poster that Junipers are outdoor trees and will
die inside. I've heard of people doing complicated things with
refrigerating them during the winter, but I don't think it's worth it,
get an indoor tree.

There are a number of trees you can keep indoors. Ficus is probably
the most popular, and I've got a couple. I've heard you can keep
chinese elm, bouganvillea, texas ebony, olive, and fukien tea inside.
I'm sure there are others.

Old 28-04-2005, 12:29 AM
Scooter the Mighty

I agree with the other poster that Junipers are outdoor trees and will
die inside. I've heard of people doing complicated things with
refrigerating them during the winter, but I don't think it's worth it,
get an indoor tree.

There are a number of trees you can keep indoors. Ficus is probably
the most popular, and I've got a couple. I've heard you can keep
chinese elm, bouganvillea, texas ebony, olive, and fukien tea inside.
I'm sure there are others.

Basement Apartment and Indoor Plants Jeffrey Drake Gardening 4 04-05-2007 01:47 PM
[IBC] Apartment and Bonsai Carl Rosner Bonsai 0 25-04-2005 08:58 PM
Squirrels on apartment balcony Christiane Gardening 5 19-06-2003 01:44 AM
Apartment Gardening Jimmy Texas 4 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Apartment Gardening Dora Smith Texas 0 15-02-2003 08:07 PM