Old 29-04-2005, 04:27 AM
Bart Thomas

Default [IBC] Indian Hawthorn (Raphiolepsis Indica)

Does anyone have any info on these as bonsai?

I'm particularly interested in pruning and wiring info, as I have a largish,
sunburned, specimen in a bonsai pot from a garden where I do volunteer work.

Thanks.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue Crabtree++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 29-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Indian Hawthorn (Raphiolepsis Indica)*

This is used a lot locally in landscapes (especially a dwarf variety)
but I haven't seen it used much as Bonsai.
I am not sure why.
A guess. It doesn't like to be potted. The landscape plants are always
sold in pots, but I think they are grown fairly quickly and up potted often.
They might not tolerate being pot bound.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast