Old 06-05-2005, 02:37 PM

Default [IBC] English Ivy

In a message dated 5/6/05 12:01:36 AM, Bluhipo writes:
My favored plant for bonsai is english ivy.
snip
Now the single branch/stem's flowers are looking droopy and not turning to
face the sun the way the other ivy plants do.

Something wrong here. The juvenile stage of English ivy, the little vines
sold as houseplants, never have flowers. English ivy blooms as a large upright
shrub, ugly as sin. (If they reach a certain height growing against a support,
the top will bloom.)
That said, your plant is probably in shock from the root ball division. Put a
baggie over it & keep it in the shade. Go easy on the water until it
recovers. & find out what you've got. If it has flowers, it's not Hedera helix.
Iris

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue Crabtree++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 08-05-2005, 03:29 AM

Not flowers, i meant leaves/buds. I just didn't put it succinctly
enough. Hopefully that'll perk it right up.

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 09:48 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
english ivy && deer Janet Baraclough Gardening 0 20-09-2003 08:22 PM
My plan of attack on our English Ivy Anatase Lawns 8 05-05-2003 10:57 PM
My plan of attack on our English Ivy Anatase Lawns 8 01-12-2002 06:25 AM