Old 13-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Michael Persiano

Default [IBC] New Pine Book Hits the Street--Delete if you do not have interest.

Friends:

If you do not have interest in a pine book, read no further and forgive the email.

I do not want to spam the list, but many of you are asking me directly for copies.The Bonsai Today Masters' Series book titled "Pines" has arrived. At this time, I am not distributing the book. You will need to speak to the folks at Bonsai Today.

For the marketing stuff, go to:

http://www.stonelantern.com/bookspine.html#

For the Table of Contents, go to:

http://www.stonelantern.com/images/B...ine/toc-sm.jpg

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue Crabtree++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 13-05-2005, 03:56 PM
John White

Congratulations.

Is this a compilation of materials previously published in Bonsai Today, or is it all new material?

John

Old 13-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Michael Persiano

John:

We based the compilation on both previously published "source" material (from the earliest years of Bonsai Today) and newly authored chapters. The source material has been reworked, completely rewritten, and expanded to include new detail and content. The care and maintenance chapters, the heart of the book, have never appeared before.

It is an all color book with superb layout and images. For the serious pine enthusiast or the admirer of Japanese white and black pine, it offers a wealth of styling, care, and maintenance information. Distribution is being made on an international scale through Stone Lantern Publishing, and we expect to see a considerable distribution throughout Europe.

I hope this information provides insight into the essence of the work. The goal was to create the most definitive work on Pines appearing in the English language. The book could find its way into translation, but this remains to be determined.

Cordially,

Michael

Is this a compilation of materials previously published in Bonsai Today, or is
it all new material?

John

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue Crabtree++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 13-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Alan Walker

Michael: I plan to get the book in a couple of weeks in DC at
WBC5, so I can get your autograph on it. Look forward to seeing
you there.

Alan Walker

Old 13-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Mark Hill

Michael;

Best sign a bunch !
I plan on picking up my copy there too.

Mark Hill - Harrisburg PA

Michael: I plan to get the book in a couple of weeks in DC at
WBC5, so I can get your autograph on it. Look forward to seeing
you there.

Alan Walker

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue Crabtree++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Possible book of interest Bill who putters Gardening 1 13-09-2010 05:53 PM
Create a Mailing list and you could be Blessed with $200,000+, If not please Delete This [email protected] Gardening 0 30-06-2005 01:40 AM
For those of you who have an interest in the urban fox. Volcaran United Kingdom 0 24-11-2004 10:13 AM
[IBC] delete Dan Orr Bonsai 0 07-10-2003 03:22 AM
Do you have an interest in sustainability? Grant Axman-Friend alt.forestry 0 02-09-2003 10:04 PM