Old 25-05-2005, 02:59 AM
AGrid

Default Silver Birch

Thanks to everyone that helped with my Posts about my silver Birch.
Today I was watering my bonsais and future plants and noticed my silver
birch roots Busting out the top of the potting soil.
So I took Kits advice and cut a small branch and waited about 10 min.and no
bleeding/weeping.So I cut it down to the size tree I wanted,trimmed the
roots and potted it in one of my bonsai pots with good bonsai soil.
Tonight and for the next week I will keep it sheltered from the cold (not
Frost yet) overnight Temp.
I hope it lives but will have to wait until the cold weather has past and
breaks dormancy
Also I got about 6 other plants for the top half of the tree and put in seed
raising mix and keeping them in the same conditions as above so I might get
another couple of birch trees for future planting (maybe as a forest)
Thanks again to everyone
You are a great help.
Grid.