Old 02-06-2005, 05:25 PM
John Romano

Default [IBC] the All-American Shohin Society

At the World Bonsai Convention in Washington, the All American Shohin
Society was officially introduced! We had our first official board
meeting with election of officers, etc. The All American Shohin
Society was founded to educate about and promote the art of shohin
bonsai. We are very excited about this national (and also
international) Society. Many of those on the board are not interested
in the 'same old' organizational models - we are about promoting the
love of shohin bonsai! We will be working with other shohin bonsai
organizations nationally and internationally - we already have Japanese
and European board members as well as regional members in the Americas.
Since we are just beginning, there is still much to be done. However,
we are beginning to get things rolling. Memberships are available and
in September we are having 4 workshops with shohin bonsai master
Tomohiro Masumi of Japan. This will be in Wilmington DE on Sept 15 and
16. Next May we will be hosting Morten Albrek of Shohin-Bonsai Europe;
and, in 2007, will be the inaugural All-American Shohin Society
Symposium.
I would like to extend an invitation to IBC shohin bonsai lovers to
join and support this new endeavor. A website is being developed as
well as a quarterly newsletter. If you have interest, I can email you
a membership form and info on the September workshops (as soon as I can
get them in .pdf format). Of course, if you are interested in getting
more involved than just membership - contact us!
Thanks,
John Romano

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 02-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Craig Cowing

On Jun 2, 2005, at 12:25 PM, John Romano wrote:

At the World Bonsai Convention in Washington, the All American Shohin
Society was officially introduced!

snip.
Of course, if you are interested in getting more involved than just
membership - contact us!
Thanks,
John Romano

Anita and I joined to give it a try. Sounds interesting. They let me in
even though I have only a few shohin.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] Shohin in Japan, getting older, who'll carry the trees? dalecochoy Bonsai 2 19-09-2003 03:42 PM
[IBC] ****** [IBC] Shohin in Japan, getting older, who'll carry the trees? Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 16-09-2003 09:42 PM
[IBC] Shohin Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 30-08-2003 12:02 AM
[IBC] Fw: Maple Society North American Branch Meeting Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:56 AM
[IBC] Keeping Shohin Alive Carl L Rosner Bonsai 7 10-03-2003 08:33 PM