Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2005, 03:29 AM
Sue Marsh

Default [IBC] Rock Plantings on featherstone

Hi all-
BTW, thanks for the great replies on the bonsai in japanese characters-I was
able to finish my painting the way I wanted to! Great!

So, I found another use for these 50 cuttigns I have (no joke either)... I
bought apiece of feather stone (feather rock?) and used a nail, chisel, and
a dremel tool to carve out some planting spots, just waiting to figure out
which cuttings I want in it (slow process).

I have two questions really. #1 has anyone used the featherstone for rock
plantings? Any suggestions for planting/securing? I'll be using Portulacaria
cuttings, a few months old (the roots anyhow)... #2 I can't seem to find
more than one or two pics of rock plantings, anyone know of a good
book/website that has detailed pics of some?

And anyother hints, tips, advice, or stories on rock plantings owuld be
appreciated! it's fun carving out the rocks (although I keep managing to
make them look like faces, you know, two eye holes and a mouth... sigh..),
and it gives me a use for all these cuttings besides sticking them in pots
and waiting.....

Susan L. Marsh

http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/...ave/direct/01/

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Getting prepped for Mass Plantings of Bamboos.. suggestions and advice??? RainLover Bamboo 6 11-03-2005 08:25 PM
eat more rock, aka rock rocks! twisted IRONy Australia 0 24-11-2003 10:59 AM
dry plantings??? Lee Gardening 2 04-09-2003 09:23 PM
Help with dune/sand plantings Sherri Gardening 2 03-09-2003 12:12 PM
How much water for new plantings? chirisophus Gardening 1 05-07-2003 06:20 AM