Old 20-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Nina

Default [IBC] Organic treatment for fungus

"Organic" rules are hard to remember; cyanide and nicotine are organic,
but I doubt you want to spray *those*. Pyrethrins and neem oil are
natural plant products and soaps and mineral oils are considered
organic, but all of these can be phytotoxic. And nonorganic pesticides
can be safe and effective when properly used. I prefer the term
"biorational", which indicates
something used in a safe and sane manner.

Stressed trees are more susceptible to pests and pathogens. Keep your
tree fertilized and properly watered. That's the true organic way to
plant health.

Nina