Old 21-06-2005, 12:05 AM
BlueHippo

Default Regarding Hawthorns...

Why is it such a problem that Hawthorns (anything of the rose family)
and junipers be kept together? I'm a bit confused on this point. I've
got both, a juniper well along and a hawthorn that is barely more than
a stick. What should I do to prevent problems?
(confusedly thinking of two kids fighting in a schoolyard)

Old 21-06-2005, 02:05 AM
Steve wachs

I do not know the particulaer reasons other than the spreading of a particular condition referred to as Rust which is contagious to both Crabapples and Junipers somehow transfer between these 2 different trees.
I have seen Red ball like growths on my San Jose Junipers.The Shimpaku do not seem to be suseptible. I always removed and discarded this growth. I haven't seen any this spring so I think I got it controlled for now.

SteveW
Long Island NY

Why is it such a problem that Hawthorns (anything of the rose family)
and junipers be kept together? I'm a bit confused on this point. I've
got both, a juniper well along and a hawthorn that is barely more than
a stick. What should I do to prevent problems?
(confusedly thinking of two kids fighting in a schoolyard)

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++