Old 29-06-2005, 02:21 AM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Fwd: failure notice to GK

If you want a reply, use a good return address or
don't waste our time.

Kits

Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:20:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Kitsune Miko
Subject: [IBC] Bonsai philosophy
To: GK

These are the people you ask if they have a lawn and
why they cut it, do they eat friuts and vegtables
instead of letting them reporduce, etc. Humankind
has
manipulated plants for centuries, bonsai is no
different. perhaps even more benigin.

My personal pholosophy is that I enter into a
relationship with the plant. It brings me joy and I
keep it alive. I have neighbors who will not prune
their oak tree. I hope the long branches never
crack
off and do extensive dammage, but I would have
trimmed
the tree long ago rather than take that risk.

Kits

--- GK wrote:

I was at a garden supply store the other day and
asked if there were any
"bonsai clubs" in the area. I was told no, not

their knowledge,
although they gave me names of other garden

centers
that might have
information.

However, I was also told, "The problem with

bonsais
is, a bonsai is a
plant. And plants like to grow, and do not like
small pots."

So, it sounded like there was something inherently
wrong in keeping a
bonsai.

I have one bonsai currently. A Fukien Tea.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Kevin
Bailey++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

****