Old 04-07-2005, 01:07 PM

Default [IBC] BONSAI Calendar

I doubt that I could afford the British calendar they are selling on eBay.
However, I wish someone would print a calendar in English.
Iris

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 04-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Alan Walker

You've got to be kidding, Iris! There are several out
there. Most are printed in Japan, but the numbers are the same.
Several bonsai nurseries and magazines have them.
Also the NBF has one in a convenient desktop size from
the late Takagi Museum. Each month has a nice bonsai photo
printed on card stock so you can cut off the calendar part and
use it for a postcard or for framing, if you wish. Alas, since
the Takagi Bonsai Museum is now defunct, I'm afraid we won't have
that calendar anymore, but I hope NBF can arrange for it to
continue somehow.
I got one of the ABBA calendars. They sent it promptly
and in a sturdy envelope which protected it from any handling
damage. It's a nice calendar, but not such a good value compared
with the ones we can obtain domestically.
Alan Walker

Old 04-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Mike Bennett

The beauty of the ABBA calendar is that it can be reused, either with
further ABBA calendars for next year etc, or with images of your own trees,
or with Japanese/Japanese style prints as part of a tokonoma display. In
that context the calendar represents good value for money, although I admit
shipping costs add greatly to the overall price (however, this could easily
be greatly reduced if someone wanted to buy several and split the costs. Who
knows, if you order several I might even be able to also manage a small
discount on calendar price!).

Regards

Mike Bennett
http://www.bonsaiartists.co.uk

Old 04-07-2005, 06:06 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

However, I wish someone would print a calendar in English.
Iris

Can't help with the English part, but I really like the one from
bonsaimonk.com. The only problem is that the captions for the trees are in Japanese. Now
if someone wanted to do a month by month translation!
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Microsoft wish to apologise for calendar bug Tumbleweed United Kingdom 0 27-08-2004 07:01 PM
Sowing / Planting Calendar? Les &/or Claire United Kingdom 0 29-06-2004 09:04 PM
Rose Exhibitors Calendar Martin Roses 0 23-01-2004 03:32 PM
Rose Exhibitors Calendar Martin Gardening 0 23-01-2004 03:32 PM
calendars of 6 year intervals; calendar of trees Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 7 06-01-2004 07:04 AM