Old 15-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Sue Marsh

Default [IBC] Root Growth Hormone?

Here's a thought... if dipping a cutting into the root hormone inceases the
rooting, could you make a dilute solution of it and feed it to a plant that
has weak roots? Would that increase the strength of the roots? Or would it
just burn them?
Susan L. Marsh
www.susanszoocrew.com

Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy...n.asp?cid=3963

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 16-07-2005, 01:37 AM
Nina

The hormones that cause roots to form inhibit already-formed roots. So
it's not a good idea.

Sue Marsh wrote:
Here's a thought... if dipping a cutting into the root hormone inceases t=

he
rooting, could you make a dilute solution of it and feed it to a plant th=

at
has weak roots? Would that increase the strength of the roots? Or would it
just burn them?
Susan L. Marsh
www.susanszoocrew.com

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee=AE
Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy...asp?cid=3D3963

************************************************** ***********************=

*******
************************************************** ***********************=

*******

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 16-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Sue Marsh

Darn... back to the "stick it in the ground and dig it up in a few months"
plan
Thanks Nina!
Susan L. Marsh

From: Nina
Subject: [IBC] Root Growth Hormone?
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:37:47 -0700

************************************************* ************************=
*******

************************************************* ************************=
*******
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ: http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/

--
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail

+++++

************************************************* *******************************
************************************************* *******************************
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/o...ave/direct/01/

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 17-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Tekmanx

How long does it take roughly anyway? I just planted my first set of
cuttings. Also, does it matter if I planted 3 different species in the
same pot that's like... 6inches squared?

Tekmanx
-Zone 25 (Florida/Bahamas)

Old 17-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Jim Lewis

Tekmanx wrote:
How long does it take roughly anyway? I just planted my first set of
cuttings. Also, does it matter if I planted 3 different species in the
same pot that's like... 6inches squared?

Tekmanx
-Zone 25 (Florida/Bahamas)

It depends on the species of tree as to how long it takes
for the cuttings to root. Some may sprout roots in 2 week,
some 2 months, some longer. And after they've sprouted
roots you need to leave them in the pot for a while to let
them get enough roots to survive a transplant to their own pot.

And that's a VERY small pot to be rooting cuttings in; you
may have trouble separating the VERY tender roots when you
try to move each of them into its own pot.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

Old 17-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Tekmanx

Is there a way to tell if the tree rooted yet without tampering with
the actual foundation?

Tekmanx
-Zone 25 (Bahamas, Florida)

Old 17-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Jim Lewis

Tekmanx wrote:
Is there a way to tell if the tree rooted yet without tampering with
the actual foundation?

I thought you just now struck the cuttings!!!! Like today.
Or yesterday.

Anyway, a VERY, VERY, VERY gentle pull on the cutting to see
if there is any resistance is one way.

The other is just to have sufficient PATIENCE -- like 6
months worth, or so -- to see if they've sprouted leaves and
the leaves are still green.

In bonsai, Nothing Happens overnight. Patience is more than
a virtue.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 17-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Tekmanx

I did just plant it.. I'm just asking..heh. Hopefully Bonsai will teach
me patients!

Tekmanx
-Zone 25 (Florida/Bahamas)