Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-07-2005, 07:47 AM
Martin

Default culitvating moss on a large scale

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had advice on mass culitvation and harvesting of
mosses for eventual use in bonsai pots. I've noticed moss seems to grow
great on concrete and brickwork in my back garden and wonder if this could
be reproduced on a larger, non-seasonal dependant scale? Perhaps even a
commercial scale? I'd love to be able to go into a bonsai nursery and
purchase a slab of moss any time of the year for my bonsai.

Tis mid Winter here in South Eastern Australia-
averaging 15-6 deg C (59-42 deg F),

Thanks - Martin