Old 26-07-2005, 08:21 PM

Default old fridges for planters

has anyone used old refrigerators or freezers for planters/ raised
beds? seems they would work well.

Old 29-07-2005, 03:07 PM

was thinking of planting asparagus, strawberries, or some other
perennial in an old fridge i have. figured laid on its side, doors
removed and shoot some holes in the bottom, it would make a good
planting box, and save a trip to the dump. anyone ever do this? for the
life of me, i cannot see the similarity of this to planting in a
toilet... but thanks anyhow for the reply.

Old 01-08-2005, 10:19 PM

i here ya. thats the other halfs concern also. i also use cinder blocks
for my beds, but our fridge went out, and looking at the box, was just
thinking of putting it to use. once the doors are removed, and lay it
on its back, it seems it would look like any other box. a little paint
or contact paper would change appearance also. wasn't planning on
collecting a dozen or so, just the 1. on top of that, we are on a few
acres, and was planning on putting it behind the greenhouse.my main
concern was how long the liner may last(enameled metal) since it would
contain asparagus or artichokes, both long term beds. now if i could
only convince you and the wife....LOL.