Old 12-03-2003, 06:09 AM
Dave&Dana Gaunky

Default Zuccini

I've decided to try growing zuccini this year. I'm in southern California
and am growing it on a patio in a half barrel filled with 2 cubic feet of
soil and 1 cubin a half cubic foot of peet moss. Anything i need to add?

Dave

Old 12-03-2003, 01:32 PM
Dwayne

Sounds like you are OK. I added dirt mixed with sand, no peat moss, and my
problem was not watering them enough. Mine werent on a deck or anything and
were a little hard to keep an eye on.

Promise you wont be putting any of them in my car when I am not looking.

Have fun. Dwayne

"Mike Stickney" wrote in message
Dave,
My experience growing vegies in containers is that drainage is extra
important. You may find that adding a third or up to a half of coarse

washed
sand will help. Also some balanced fertilizer at one matchbox per 25

litres
or a suitable organic fertilizer such as blood and bone if you prefer.
Alternatively you may try watering with a soluble fertilizer once a
fortnight.
Mike Stickney
om...