Old 01-04-2006, 06:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default What's Growing In Your Garden?

In the xtreme NE xtension of Zone 7, we have...

Spinach
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Romaine
Onion
Strawberry
Raspberries
Peach (full flower)
Apple (early flower)

Sowing toms, cuke, and squash seed indoor this weekend. Bells have
sprouted and are now under the lights.

What's Growing In Your Garden?

Old 02-04-2006, 04:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Lynn

I have garlic popping up and the frost heaved a parsnip up. other than that
just flowers bulbs

--
Lynn zone 5b

ups.com...

Old 02-04-2006, 04:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Lynn

I am in zone 5b as well (nova scotia) where are you?
--
Lynn

"Steve Calvin" wrote in message

;-) Still
early to be plantin' in 5b

--
Steve

Old 02-04-2006, 07:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Calvin

Lynn wrote:
I am in zone 5b as well (nova scotia) where are you?

oops, I was wrong (coffee hadn't kicked in yet). I'm in
Poughkeepsie, New York. Actually zone 6 I believe.

--
Steve
Old 06-04-2006, 01:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 12:12:10 GMT, "Joe S." wrote:

wrote:
In the xtreme NE xtension of Zone 7, we have...

Spinach
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Romaine
Onion
Strawberry
Raspberries
Peach (full flower)
Apple (early flower)

Sowing toms, cuke, and squash seed indoor this weekend. Bells have
sprouted and are now under the lights.

What's Growing In Your Garden?

Being in Central Florida:

- pole beans
- bush beans
- corn

I haven't gotten to plant other things as I broke my leg recently so my
poor toms and zipper peas are having to wait until i can get around

I can empathize with you. I broke my arm at the end of June last
year. Working in the garden was almost impossible and many things did
not get done.

My advice -- start doing as much as you can as soon as you can. The
more active you stay the shorter the rehabilation will be.
--
Susan N.

Old 06-04-2006, 01:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Joe S.

wrote:

[...]

Very true, although, i don't have much choice, i am a pretty active 27
year old with 3 young kids. I have no choice but to get active The
hardest part of all of the healing is patience.
Old 26-04-2006, 11:50 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Red Beets (nice and big, very nutritious)
Spinach (been eating them all winter, now they are coming near the end)
Tomatoes (seedlings just planted)
Blackberries (3 plants getting ready for their first fruit this summer)
Cherry Tomatoes (going to plant the seeds very soon)
String Beans (just planted the seeds)
some kind of hot peppers
Red Bell Peppers (small seedlings right now)

Old 29-04-2006, 03:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
gary croft

My list this year is:

veg beds

parsnips around 50