Old 16-07-2006, 10:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
cloud dreamer

Default Spud Spots

I have a few brown spots on my potato leaves, primarily on the Yukon
Gold. Not nearly as many on the Russet and none on my Reds. They don't
appear to be blight (no halo or concentric circles of any sort). It
doesn't look like they're harming the plant either. Any idea what they a

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...75871767asQBks

TIA

..

Zone 5a in Canada's Far East.
Old 17-07-2006, 02:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
TQ

"cloud dreamer" wrote in message
I have a few brown spots on my potato leaves, primarily on the Yukon
Gold. Not nearly as many on the Russet and none on my Reds. They don't
appear to be blight (no halo or concentric circles of any sort). It
doesn't look like they're harming the plant either. Any idea what they

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...75871767asQBks

Just a guess. Looks like bacterial spots.

http://www.forestryimages.org/search...cterial%20spot

Old 17-07-2006, 02:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
TQ

http://www.forestryimages.org/search...%20leaf%20spot

Old 17-07-2006, 03:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
cloud dreamer

TQ wrote:
"TQ" ToweringQs AT adelphia.net wrote in message

"cloud dreamer" wrote in message

I have a few brown spots on my potato leaves, primarily on the Yukon
Gold. Not nearly as many on the Russet and none on my Reds. They don't
appear to be blight (no halo or concentric circles of any sort). It
doesn't look like they're harming the plant either. Any idea what they

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...75871767asQBks

Just a guess. Looks like bacterial spots.

http://www.forestryimages.org/search...cterial%20spot
http://www.forestryimages.org/search...%20leaf%20spot

Looks similar but I can't find anything that says bacterial spot is a
potato problem. Everything I've found says it's a tomato and pepper
problem. Maybe I've discovered a mutant variety...hmmmm. So far, it
doesn't seem to be affecting the plant. Some leaves are yellowing at the
bottom, but I expect that this close to August. I did find something
that said pollution can cause a peppered look on the leaves and doesn't
really affect the plant. Perhaps that's it.

While I'm on the topic of yellowing leaves....any reason why older corn
leaves would yellow? The five I have planted outside have yellowed a
little and the plants are shorter and lighter green than the ones in the
greenhouse. Is there a concern there or is it just a result of being
outside?

Thx!

..
Old 17-07-2006, 10:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
TQ

"cloud dreamer" wrote in message
[snip]
While I'm on the topic of yellowing leaves....any reason why older corn
leaves would yellow? The five I have planted outside have yellowed a
little and the plants are shorter and lighter green than the ones in the
greenhouse. Is there a concern there or is it just a result of being
outside?

Corn loves N. Use more N.

Old 18-07-2006, 02:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
cloud dreamer

TQ wrote:

"cloud dreamer" wrote in message
[snip]

While I'm on the topic of yellowing leaves....any reason why older corn
leaves would yellow? The five I have planted outside have yellowed a
little and the plants are shorter and lighter green than the ones in the
greenhouse. Is there a concern there or is it just a result of being
outside?

Corn loves N. Use more N.

More N they'll get.

Thanks!