Old 22-07-2006, 12:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
James

Default results and recommendations

So far this year

My Burpee Hybrid II Cucumber plants were killed by mildew just when
they started fruiting.

Jolly tomatoes have lots of leaf blight but I'm getting fair number of
fruits.

Pineapple tomatoes also loss many leaves to blight. Some are starting
to have green tomatoes. It's a late tomato.

Burpee Buck's County Hybrid tomatoes are producing well. They are a
little tart for me but shape and color are good.

Sweet 100's were planted late so they are just starting to have green
fruits.

Others I have are late tomatoes.

My bitter melons are so so this year because I didn't apply manure.
Had a good crop last year because they had a heaping application of
chicken manure.

Yardlong beans are doing well. Discovered that I like eating them raw
in the garden.

Sugar peas produced OK but the birds got to them before I did. What I
did eat were not all that sweet. Don't remember the variety but they
were Burpee seed and vines were 6' tall.

Green oak leaf luttuce always do well for me.