Old 16-09-2006, 07:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Not SPINACH!?!?

In article ,
Seymour Bigby-Heinz -stuff wrote:

Well, somebody's foolish procedures somewhere in the food distribution
network has screwed-up our spinach supply. Guess what I'll be adding
to my garden...

Sy

Buy it at your local farmer's market until you can get a crop going.

Jan

--
Bedouin proverb: If you have no troubles, buy a goat.
Old 17-09-2006, 11:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 22:35:53 -0800, Jan Flora
wrote:
Seymour Bigby-Heinz -stuff wrote:

Well, somebody's foolish procedures somewhere in the food distribution
network has screwed-up our spinach supply. Guess what I'll be adding
to my garden...

Buy it at your local farmer's market until you can get a crop going.

Yabut, it's been too hot to grow spinach around here until lately.
There's no way to get it except at the grocery store.

And, no malabar isn't a suitable substitute.

Penelope

- "pointed"
Old 17-09-2006, 11:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:
Seymour Bigby-Heinz -stuff wrote:

Well, somebody's foolish procedures somewhere in the food distribution
network has screwed-up our spinach supply. Guess what I'll be adding
to my garden...

Buy it at your local farmer's market until you can get a crop going.

Yabut, it's been too hot to grow spinach around here until lately.
There's no way to get it except at the grocery store.

And, no malabar isn't a suitable substitute.

Penelope

I just planted some today. I'm in zone 7a in North Carolina. My
beans are still producing well. We plowed under some beans because
the bugs were eating them. Now I have some 3 to 4" plants coming
along. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a late frost.
--
Susan N.

Old 18-09-2006, 01:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

The Cook wrote in
:

I just planted some today. I'm in zone 7a in North Carolina. My
beans are still producing well. We plowed under some beans because
the bugs were eating them. Now I have some 3 to 4" plants coming
along. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a late frost.

Bugs have been bad on my beans this year too. They got to the first
planting (we got about a bowl's worth from that) and the seven dust got
to the bugs for the second planting (much more. :-))

Puckdropper

Not SPINACH!?!? Nicole Edible Gardening 3 22-09-2006 09:22 PM
Not SPINACH!?!? Tominama Edible Gardening 1 17-09-2006 08:11 AM
How does spinach grow, pls? Request for some info re spinach. fitwell Edible Gardening 11 03-06-2004 03:11 AM
Spinach spikes will United Kingdom 14 05-06-2003 09:19 AM
Newbie Q: Baby spinach Irving Kimura Edible Gardening 4 04-02-2003 02:43 AM