Old 15-10-2006, 05:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default HELP / growing Red Robin tomato plans indoors

I would like to grow some Red Robin tomato plants indoors this winter,
but I'm having trouble. My first attempt failed, as the plants became
a rich dark green (seemingly too dark), then their leaves began to turn
pale and wither.

I've heard that Red Robins are an easy plant to grow indoors? Can
anyone tell me how to do it? I need some user-friendly advice and
suggestions because I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Any replies appreciated.

Old 16-10-2006, 01:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

whitewater262 wrote:
I would like to grow some Red Robin tomato plants indoors this winter,
but I'm having trouble. My first attempt failed, as the plants became
a rich dark green (seemingly too dark), then their leaves began to turn
pale and wither.

I've heard that Red Robins are an easy plant to grow indoors? Can
anyone tell me how to do it? I need some user-friendly advice and
suggestions because I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Any replies appreciated.

I have not tried that cultivar, But most of the small container
tomatoes are pretty easy.( I have grown Tiny Tim). A good pot, with a
saucer type arrangement for bottom watering, good growing medium ( not
house plant potting soil) and a sunny window is all that is needed.
Overwatering can be a problem. More tomatoes are killed by kindness
than neglect. For a growing medium, I like Pro-mix, but Miraclegro will
work.

Old 16-10-2006, 10:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Sun has been in short supply, so I've had to rely on artifical light.
Are there any types of artificial light that are better or worse than
others? How close or how far must it be from the plant? Any info
appreciated.

photinia red robin no longer produces red leaves Donmaico Gardening 1 10-08-2014 04:43 PM
Need help / growing Red Robin tomatoes indoors whitewater262 Gardening 3 16-10-2006 10:28 PM
Red Robin arran United Kingdom 1 26-06-2004 04:09 AM
Photinia "Red Robin" - need advice! Debbie Gardening 7 26-03-2004 01:23 PM
Photinia 'Red Robin' question Martin C United Kingdom 2 13-02-2003 11:09 PM