Old 04-12-2006, 11:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Tomatoes

I have two tiny green tomatoes in my greenhouse. Hope they mature and
ripen. There are several more blossoms on the plants.
--
Susan N.

Old 13-12-2006, 11:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

The Cook wrote:
I have two tiny green tomatoes in my greenhouse. Hope they mature and
ripen. There are several more blossoms on the plants.
--
Susan N.

So. What part of the world is your greenhouse?

My tomatoes this past season included: Burpee's Buck's County Hybrid;
mortgage lifter; sweet 100; pineapple; jolly.

The Buck's Couty were most productive and best looking. I like taste
of pineapple but it's prone to disease. Jolly and sweet 100 were good
for drying and makes excellent snacks.

Old 14-12-2006, 12:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 13 Dec 2006 15:46:50 -0800, "James" wrote:

The Cook wrote:
I have two tiny green tomatoes in my greenhouse. Hope they mature and
ripen. There are several more blossoms on the plants.
--
Susan N.

So. What part of the world is your greenhouse?

My tomatoes this past season included: Burpee's Buck's County Hybrid;
mortgage lifter; sweet 100; pineapple; jolly.

The Buck's Couty were most productive and best looking. I like taste
of pineapple but it's prone to disease. Jolly and sweet 100 were good
for drying and makes excellent snacks.

The greenhouse (and I) are in North Carolina at the foothills of the
Blue Ridge Mountains.

I now have 5 little tomatoes.
--
Susan N.

Old 14-12-2006, 11:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

The Cook wrote:

The greenhouse (and I) are in North Carolina at the foothills of the
Blue Ridge Mountains.

I now have 5 little tomatoes.

As we well-know, on the seventh day God rested in North Carolina.

Dick
Old 15-12-2006, 03:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
aem aem is offline

The Cook wrote:

The greenhouse (and I) are in North Carolina at the foothills of the
Blue Ridge Mountains.

I now have 5 little tomatoes.
--

Here in Southern California the 'Red Grape' tomato I planted in early
summer is still flourishing. Vine is still healthy looking and it is

Old 15-12-2006, 10:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

aem wrote:
The Cook wrote:

The greenhouse (and I) are in North Carolina at the foothills of the
Blue Ridge Mountains.

I now have 5 little tomatoes.
--

Here in Southern California the 'Red Grape' tomato I planted in early
summer is still flourishing. Vine is still healthy looking and it is
still producing a lot of these tasty morsels. Fall has been extremely
mild but even so I am quite happily surprised at this plant. -aem

In northern California, I just ate the last of my Purple Cherokees,
planted last spring. I've still got two plants in the ground, a paste
and a beefsteak. I usually pull them up while they are still producing
because I just don't get back to see them when it's dark and rainy.

Susan B.