Old 01-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Registered User

Default Few helping tips!

I live in London and am keen to get into gardening and this year am going to make a go og it!

I am very much interested in veg growing, in pots and in land plots.
i would love to have blueberry in pots, is there anyone who can advice me on any catalogues that i can order this from or should i go to garden centres directly and buy them?
I have seen couple of catalogues, Sutton and Dobies... are they any good to order fruit tress and seeds such as tomato/herbs/chillies from?

Thank You
Any amount of information will be greatly appreciated.
Nina
Old 04-02-2007, 04:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 21:43:48 +0000, Ninauk
wrote:

I live in London and am keen to get into gardening and this year am
going to make a go og it!

I've grown lots of different veggies in pots, but I don't know much
about the climate in London. so I can't really make any suggestions
about varieties.

A book I found useful on the subject of edible container gardening is:

"McGee & Stuckey's Bountiful Container: Create Container Gardens of
Vegetables, Herbs, Fruits, and Edible Flowers"

ISBN-13: 978-0761116233

Or here is the Amazon.com page: http://tinyurl.com/26ppe8

Penelope

- "pointed"