Old 27-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Registered User

Location: Dorset
Smile Tomato, strawberries and apple tree advice!!

First of all hello everyone, I am new to this forum (and gardening, as you will see lol)
I have a few questions and would be really grateful if anyone has any advice.

QUESTION 1: I planted tomato seeds and they are doing reallY well, but i realised i hadn't bought my normal organic soil when i re potted them, it was organic orchid soil! lol will they still be ok to eat when i finally get some tomatoes on them?

QUESTION 2: I have a strawberry patch that my neighbours cat
has decided to use as a litter tray (i have now covered it with netting) but will the strawberries be ok to eat? they have already started flowering.

Question 3: The apple tree in my seems to get infested with something around this time of year, its like a white
fluffy substance on the branches and all the leaves start to look really bad throughout the summer. What could this be and how can I stop it?

I'm so sorry if this post is confusing and badly written, as you can see I am a complete novice! many thanks in advance.