Old 20-05-2007, 08:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Greenhouse Advice

Hi,

My wife and I are looking at purchasing a greenhouse to replace the
potting shed we have had for a few years. We have grown veg in some
raised beds - some of which has been great, some of which has been terrible.

We have decided to purchase a greenhouse - but before I do wonder if
anyone has any advice on what to look for. From what we have been told,
we have been looking at Eden and Hills (here in the UK). That is based
on advice. Everyone here might have different advice.

Any advice on what to look for is welcome and appreciated,

Best wishes

Gareth Edmondson
Old 20-05-2007, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Gareth Edmondson" wrote in message
Hi,

My wife and I are looking at purchasing a greenhouse to replace the
potting shed we have had for a few years. We have grown veg in some raised
beds - some of which has been great, some of which has been terrible.

We have decided to purchase a greenhouse - but before I do wonder if
anyone has any advice on what to look for. From what we have been told, we
have been looking at Eden and Hills (here in the UK). That is based on
advice. Everyone here might have different advice.

Do you have Harbor Freight stores there? They carry two excellent
greenhouses for home growers. The 6 x 8' is only $300 and the 8 x 10' is
$600. Two can be joined for a large GH suitable to any family needs. This
site has an excellent forum for those needing information in Greenhouses:
http://forums2.gardenweb.com . We have both a 6x8' HFGH and an 8x16' Rion.

Old 29-05-2007, 03:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Rick" wrote in message

How do the panels on the HF greenhouse compare to the panels on the Rion?
Are
they double wall for some insulation?

They're the same as far as we can see except the HF has UV protection on
both sides, the Rion on only one side. Yes, they're double wall. The HF
has an aluminum frame and the Rion a tough thick plastic frame.

Old 30-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Edmondson View Post
Hi,

My wife and I are looking at purchasing a greenhouse to replace the
potting shed we have had for a few years. We have grown veg in some
raised beds - some of which has been great, some of which has been terrible.

We have decided to purchase a greenhouse - but before I do wonder if
anyone has any advice on what to look for. From what we have been told,
we have been looking at Eden and Hills (here in the UK). That is based
on advice. Everyone here might have different advice.

Any advice on what to look for is welcome and appreciated,

Best wishes

Gareth Edmondson
What are the factors that you most need advice with?
Have you had advice and considered the weather conditions in your area with regards to heavy winds, and insulation during cold periods and best situated location
Or is it advice on coverings and strure, saftey, maintenance and cost...most suppliers can give you advice on the specific requirments that you need
.