Old 08-07-2007, 07:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Caterpillars on my Dill

In article fc.003d0941022c46cf3b9aca007a20fd99.22c46f0@pmug. org,
(Glenna Rose) wrote:

writes:

Hope it hatches for you!

Any chance at controlling the wasps in your area?
You can get wasp traps!
--
Peace, Om

The often-hated scrub jays keep mine non-existent. Love those birds.
They find a nest and it disappears.

One day when taking in groceries, I noticed a scrub jay was flying up to
the overhang then going back to the fence, sitting there for a minute or
so, then back up. I just watched until he was done and went over to see
what he was eating. There were fragments of paper-wasp nests all over the
ground! After that, whenever I have uncovered a wasp nest, I exit,
leaving it exposed; the next day all traces of it are gone. That applied
even to the one I exposed and was going to videotape the next morning
while it was cool before the wasps were active; oh, well, no videotape but
no wasps either!

I rarely have any wasps around while others in the area are plagued with
them. Most folks dislike the scrub jays but, just for the wasp control
alone, I love them!

Glenna

Cool. :-)

We have Stellar Jays around here.