Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-07-2007, 06:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Red Geranium Seeds

I live in Sussex, close to the coast, and the house has a south facing wall,
painted white. A couple of years ago I bought six large bright, deep red
geraniums (or pelargoniums) which I planted into two large white flower pots
and stood these against the wall. On a sunny day the effect was beautiful.
Since then, I haven't been able to find any geraniums as good as those were
and I never made a note of the variety nor did I take any cuttings.

I'd like to grow my own from seed if, that is, I can find seeds that will
give me those deep bright red flowers. Can anyone advise me which might be
the best variety to look for and, if possible, where I might buy the seeds
from? The images on the Internet and those on the seed packets don't always
give a true idea of the colour.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

John