Old 09-08-2007, 04:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default The End of Cheap Food

writes:
oz, who wishes Dixie Lee Ray were still around.

Dixie Lee Ray of "Trashing the Planet" fame. You sure know how to pick
'em Oz. Dixie Lee Ray who said it was volcanos and not
Chloroflorocarbons (CFCs) that were killing the ozone layer. Dixie Lee
Ray who helped corporations make a profit from damaging the ozone layer
for a few more years until their damaging effects, like "acid rain"
could no longer be denied. Dixie Lee Ray to whom Rush Limbaugh turned
for scientific support in promoting his pro-CFC-industry politician,
Newt Gingrich.

Aren't you coy Oz. Just an observer. Cute.

And when the Moon is full, a frightful transformation occurs.
--
FB - FFF

Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/

Billy, if we are thinking of the same Dixie Lee Ray, what I remember her
most for is turning out the lights on the dome and playing train engineer.
Sad when those are the positive things (not that lights out was positive
but at least did no harm) that one is remembered for!

It was not a particularly good term. Washington is such a beautiful
state; she didn't do a lot to keep it that way. Not all women are created
equal. :-(

Glenna

Old 09-08-2007, 05:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article fc.003d0941022e4d043b9aca0091868056.22e4d21@pmug. org,
(Glenna Rose) wrote:

writes:
[...]

Yup, same one. Apparently she got caught in the light of the full moon
too. Morphed from scientific proponent to anti-scientific,
anti-environmentalist. Rush Limbaugh said that her book was the best
annotated book he had ever read, and of course, it was 100% wrong.

Wish we could flaunt our superiority here in California but we presently
have the Govern-nator who was installed with the help of Enron and the
Better Business Bureau. Just freakin' embarrassing.

How's your luffa doin', girl?