Old 17-08-2007, 12:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Re(2): Tomato Sauce Recipe?

writes:

[snip]

I only got one plant to germinate and it is only about the size of a
quarter with three leaves. It may spend the winter under the grow light.
So far my experience with medicinal herbs is that they don't do much the
first year but then come on like "Gang Busters" after that.
--
FB - FFF

Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/

Southwest Washington is home for us. Stevia has not come back in the
garden. So far, I've purchased plants in the spring which have usually
done very well. Come winter, however, it's all over. :-(

Wonder now if I should find some seed and plant in a cold frame.

Glenna

Old 17-08-2007, 02:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ann Ann is offline

The Cook expounded:

Check Burpee for Stevia seeds. I found some at Wal-Mart a couple of
years ago.
--

Johnny's carries it
http://www.johnnyseeds.com/catalog/p...80&item=230 5

There is also a word doc on the page with growing instructions.
--
Ann
e-mail address is not checked

Old 19-08-2007, 02:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Glenna Rose" wrote in message
news:fc.003d0941022ecc823b9aca00e0bf5401.22ecc9b@p mug.org...
writes:

[snip]

I only got one plant to germinate and it is only about the size of a
quarter with three leaves. It may spend the winter under the grow light.
So far my experience with medicinal herbs is that they don't do much the
first year but then come on like "Gang Busters" after that.
--
FB - FFF

Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/

Southwest Washington is home for us. Stevia has not come back in the
garden. So far, I've purchased plants in the spring which have usually
done very well. Come winter, however, it's all over. :-(

Wonder now if I should find some seed and plant in a cold frame.

Are they too large to keep in a sunny window?