Old 19-12-2007, 02:41 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Vermiculture

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:
In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

The flies.

Ah.

I'm just curious... Why are your vermiculture bins attracting flies?
Fresh compost?

Yes, I guess. They're after the decomposing stuff too.

Fresh compost vs. aged compost = decomposition...

Have you tried composting separately, then feeding that to the worms?

The worms are DOING the composting. Instead of putting the stuff in a
pile somewhere, you feed it to the worms. They digest it, and it
becomes compost.

I see.

I'm not really sure how to solve a fly problem then, short of covering
the stuff, which we've already discussed. :-)

How about pine shavings?

That limits me to post-adolescent pines.

Too acidic?

No, young pines don't shave.

cough

Sorry, missed the pun. ;-)

You should bough to me now, you sap.

You are barking up the wrong tree...
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein
Old 19-12-2007, 04:49 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:
In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

[...]

Maybe you should make like a tree, and leaf.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
http://www.gallup.com/poll/102577/Half-Strongly-
Disapprove-Bush-Job-Performance.aspx

Old 19-12-2007, 11:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Billy wrote:
In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

[...]

You must be Limb-bough fan.
Old 19-12-2007, 03:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

[...]

Ahh, the party is over:-(

Old 20-12-2007, 05:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

[...]

That's awfully hard on the back. ;-)
But it generally has a nice beat. One can only bend back so far.

Are you as supple as a Willow switch?

Old 20-12-2007, 05:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

[...]

Only if you fall... :-)

Old 20-12-2007, 07:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Omelet wrote:

[...]

That was always my feelings about wine tastings. Last person standing
was the loser.

And now from my Big Book of Non-PC Poems.

He is not drunk, who from the floor,
can rise again and drink some more,
but he is drunk who prostrate lies,
and cannot drink, and cannot rise.

Skoal and Happy Holidays

vermiculture doofy Edible Gardening 1 15-08-2007 02:17 AM
Problem with my worms (vermiculture) OldProf Gardening 1 08-09-2004 10:45 PM
Vermiculture. [email protected] Permaculture 0 29-12-2003 02:05 AM