Old 05-01-2008, 02:41 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

Default Soil PH

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..
Did you know in a sense trees are music? Music is highly ordered waves
and
vibrations. Trees are wood, mostly. Wood is cellulose, mostly.
Cellulose
is atoms of carbon, oxygen and hydrogen. Atoms are protons and
electrons.
Protons and electrons are quarks and leptons. Quarks and leptons are
highly
ordered waves and vibrations. Wait a minute!! Music is also highly
ordered
waves and vibrations!! Think about it.

Uh huh.

Humans are mammals. Donkeys are mammals. Therefore humans are donkeys.

David

Actually, You are made up of chemicals that were parts of millions of other
plants and animals including donkeys. A product of recycling!

In the sense that donkeys have the breath of life in their nostrils, makes
us very connected.

Did you know Trees and people are about 98% by weight carbon, hydrogen,
oxygen, nitrogen, sulfur, and phosphorus. So what makes us different? The
way the chemicals are connected. A donkey may be a higher %.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:35 AM posted to rec.gardens, rec.gardens.edible
Tad Tad is offline

Uh huh.

Humans are mammals. *Donkeys are mammals. *Therefore humans are donkeys.

David

Actually, You are made up of chemicals that were parts of millions of other
plants and animals including donkeys. A product of recycling!

In the sense that donkeys have the breath of life in their nostrils, makes
us very connected.

Did you know Trees and people are about 98% by weight carbon, hydrogen,
oxygen, nitrogen, sulfur, and phosphorus. *So what makes us different? *The
way the chemicals are connected. *A donkey may be a higher %.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Arboristhttp://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and *www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.- Hide quoted text -

Just for the record, when I first joined this group, I thought people
were being unnecessarily harsh towards John and his posts about his
"Tree Dictionary." Having been on the site for a few months now, i
can see where people are speaking out. Frankly, I find his posts
misguided and full of good information mixed in with his own personal
agenda (which doesn't always promote what's best for the original
poster or even relate to their questions.).

I believe the topic in question was pH in soil, not any of the other
topics that have been brought up. I hope that John could stop posting
his "Tree dictionary" and just post his thoughts ONCE on this list.

My vote is that John could start his own group and people could
VOLUNTARILY choose to hear what he has to say rather than have it
forced upon us with every plant question that people post, or his bi-
weekly ads.

Thank you,
Tad
Old 05-01-2008, 03:43 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

What do you have to offer?

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

"Tad" wrote in message

Uh huh.

Humans are mammals. Donkeys are mammals. Therefore humans are donkeys.

David

Actually, You are made up of chemicals that were parts of millions of
other
plants and animals including donkeys. A product of recycling!

In the sense that donkeys have the breath of life in their nostrils, makes
us very connected.

Did you know Trees and people are about 98% by weight carbon, hydrogen,
oxygen, nitrogen, sulfur, and phosphorus. So what makes us different? The
way the chemicals are connected. A donkey may be a higher %.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Arboristhttp://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding
us

Old 05-01-2008, 03:45 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..
Did you know in a sense trees are music? Music is highly ordered waves
and
vibrations. Trees are wood, mostly. Wood is cellulose, mostly.
Cellulose
is atoms of carbon, oxygen and hydrogen. Atoms are protons and
electrons.
Protons and electrons are quarks and leptons. Quarks and leptons are
highly
ordered waves and vibrations. Wait a minute!! Music is also highly
ordered
waves and vibrations!! Think about it.

Uh huh.

Humans are mammals. Donkeys are mammals. Therefore humans are donkeys.

David

Well we know that at least one of us is an ass.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:35 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

"kzin" wrote in message

On 4-Jan-2008, "symplastless" wrote:

yeah fine, whatever.
your aluminum foil beanie needs adjusting.

Think he needs lead foil.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:58 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"symplastless" wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
While kicking around the idea of quarks and their odd flavors may be
interesting, it seems a bit (a whole freakin' lot actually) tangential
to the discussion of plant nutrients and healthy garden soils.

Oh really? maybe we can kick this around. First my concern for the health
of soils is the supply of cellulose. Cellulose provides glucose for many
organisms especially in the soil or more correctly, of the soil. One
problem with most definitions of soil is they forget the enormous amount of
living organisms that make up "HEALTHY" soil.

e.g., just one def. off the internet.

"Soil is the unconsolidated mineral or organic material on the immediate
surface of the earth and serves as a natural medium for the growth of land
plants."

Here is another def.

"Dirt, or soil, is made from rocks that break apart or wear away over many
years. This is referred to as weathering. It may take 100 to 1000 years
for 1 cm of soil to form through weathering. Soil also contains air, water,
and humus, the decayed remains of dead animals and plants. Soil can
actually be separated into 5 main parts: humus, clay, silt, sand, and
gravel." hmmmm!

I prefer this def. Soil is a substance made up of sands, silts, clays,
decaying organic matter, air, water and an "enormous number of living
organisms". Is it alive or dead? Yes, is the answer. We have no word for
a substance that is both living and dead - wood, soil.

Now healthy soil concerns must address an enormous number of living
organisms. Cellulose provides food for many.

OK, back to quarks. Cellulose is atoms of carbon, oxygen and hydrogen.
Atoms are protons and electrons. Protons and electrons are quarks and
leptons. Not that I completely understand it but quarks do play a role in
soil health.

Something interesting I was studying when I found this out.

Did you know in a sense trees are music? Music is highly ordered waves and
vibrations. Trees are wood, mostly. Wood is cellulose, mostly. Cellulose
is atoms of carbon, oxygen and hydrogen. Atoms are protons and electrons.
Protons and electrons are quarks and leptons. Quarks and leptons are highly
ordered waves and vibrations. Wait a minute!! Music is also highly ordered
waves and vibrations!! Think about it.

I gave you my advice. Logic is only as good as its' premise. Good luck.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
http://www.antiwar.com/eland/index.php?articleid=8282
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movemen...George_W._Bush

Old 07-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Registered User

Soil is a substance composed of sand, silt, clay, Decaying organic matter, air, water and a "huge number of lives organism. "It is alive or dead? Yes is the answer. We do not have words a substance, regardless of living and dead - wood, earth.
Pond Supplies