Old 17-03-2008, 10:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default I've gotten started

I have now planted my peas, onion, chard and cabbage plants. The
broccoli is ready and with some luck I will get it out tomorrow. Next
in line are the red beets.

In the greenhouse the tomatoes are taking their own sweet time in
germinating. The spinach I tried to start didn't do anything so I
opened another package and started again. The rapini is progressing
and the gold beets are germinating. I guess after I get the immediate
things in the ground, I will start cleaning up the tomato patch.
--
Susan N.

Old 18-03-2008, 03:54 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"The Cook" wrote in message
I have now planted my peas, onion, chard and cabbage plants. The
broccoli is ready and with some luck I will get it out tomorrow. Next
in line are the red beets.

In the greenhouse the tomatoes are taking their own sweet time in
germinating. The spinach I tried to start didn't do anything so I
opened another package and started again. The rapini is progressing
and the gold beets are germinating. I guess after I get the immediate
things in the ground, I will start cleaning up the tomato patch.
--
Susan N.

I have planted almost everything. Just got done with the bean planter.
Tomato's and Peppers were planted last week with the onions. I already had
the cilantro carrots lettuce fennel broccoli and garlic. I might of forgot
few. strawberries have been great.

Old 18-03-2008, 04:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

"The Cook" wrote in message
I have now planted my peas, onion, chard and cabbage plants. The
broccoli is ready and with some luck I will get it out tomorrow. Next
in line are the red beets.

In the greenhouse the tomatoes are taking their own sweet time in
germinating. The spinach I tried to start didn't do anything so I
opened another package and started again. The rapini is progressing
and the gold beets are germinating. I guess after I get the immediate
things in the ground, I will start cleaning up the tomato patch.
--
Susan N.

I have planted almost everything. Just got done with the bean planter.
Tomato's and Peppers were planted last week with the onions. I already had
the cilantro carrots lettuce fennel broccoli and garlic. I might of forgot
few. strawberries have been great.

Where are you and what's your soil temp.?
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi, Bush & Cheney to the Hague
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/
Old 19-03-2008, 01:05 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

"The Cook" wrote in message
[...]

Riverside Ca. Its been real warm.

Old 19-03-2008, 04:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

"The Cook" wrote in message
[...]

Ah scrub land. Almost desert, that makes sense.

Old 20-03-2008, 02:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

"The Cook" wrote in message
[...]

Where are the orchards used to be. We still have a few, oranges are plenty
in my neighborhood.

Old 20-03-2008, 03:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article , "aluckyguess"
wrote:

"The Cook" wrote in message
[...]

Ya. I'm from (many moons ago) that industrial park called Westminster,
near Huntington Beach, in Orange County. Our house had half a dozen
valencias. I miss the oranges and the beaches, especially Balboa, but
that's all. Life is much more sane, and wet, and green at the northern
end of the state. First time I saw Sausalito, I knew I wasn't going back.

It will be a couple of weeks before I get my cold tolerant plants into
the ground and May before I get the tomatoes, peppers, squash, beans,
melons, and corn in. How did you garden do last year? It was cool up
here and a real struggle. This year I'm rolling out the plastic, in
hopes of heating the ground.

Excuse me for mentioning that today is the fifth anniversary of
"Shrub's" brutal, mind bogglingly ill conceived, grossly incompetent,
bankrupting, morally indefensible, honor wrecking war in our history.
Suggested reading, "Rise And Fall Of The Third Reich" by William L.
Shirer
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...l=search-alias
%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Rise+and+fall+of+the+third+reich&x=0&y=0

"Shrub" has doubled his daddy's portfolio however.

And now he has started his economic war against the citizens of the
United States. Bears Stearns gets bailed out by a blank check to J. P.
Morgan. When are they going to start handing out blank checks to
mortgage holders, now that people are losing jobs and the price of food,
gas, and utilities is increaseing?

Make that a "BIG" garden.

Love on ya.