Old 20-08-2008, 08:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Which tomato variety?

I live in the Upper Hudson Valley of NY, Zone approx 6a. I grow a lot
of tomatoes, mostly for juice. In the collective opinions of this
group, which variety should produce the most number of POUNDS of
tomatoes per plant. I grow them in cages.
ThanksRichard
Old 21-08-2008, 03:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:04:00 -0700 (PDT), richardg
wrote:

I live in the Upper Hudson Valley of NY, Zone approx 6a. I grow a lot
of tomatoes, mostly for juice. In the collective opinions of this
group, which variety should produce the most number of POUNDS of
tomatoes per plant. I grow them in cages.
ThanksRichard

I don't grow tomatoes for juice, nor do I live in your neck of
the woods, although I sometimes visit. You people have the most
beautiful parks and trails for hiking!

I would suggest you go he

http://vegvariety.cce.cornell.edu/index.php

and find out what varieties do well in your area, and what other
people think of them. And add some information on varieties that
you already grow. I enjoy browsing the collective wisdom of
people who've already grown a tomato that I'm interested in
trying.

Penelope

- "pointed"
Old 21-08-2008, 06:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

I live in the Upper Hudson Valley of NY, Zone approx 6a. I grow a lot
of tomatoes, mostly for juice. In the collective opinions of this
group, which variety should produce the most number of POUNDS of
tomatoes per plant. I grow them in cages.
ThanksRichard

I don't grow tomatoes for juice, nor do I live in your neck of
the woods, although I sometimes visit. You people have the most
beautiful parks and trails for hiking!

I would suggest you go he

http://vegvariety.cce.cornell.edu/index.php

and find out what varieties do well in your area, and what other
people think of them. And add some information on varieties that
you already grow. I enjoy browsing the collective wisdom of
people who've already grown a tomato that I'm interested in
trying.

Penelope

Trying to appear wholesome. Ladies and gent, the female Freddie Kruger.
Careful, I don't think she's had her shots ;O)
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars
Old 21-08-2008, 04:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:44:48 -0700, Billy
wrote:

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

stuff

Penelope

Trying to appear wholesome. Ladies and gent, the female Freddie Kruger.
Careful, I don't think she's had her shots ;O)

Alas, you are again in error. I have had my shots. I was a certified
rabies immunoglobulin donor for much of the early 90's.

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"
Old 22-08-2008, 02:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote:

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

stuff

Penelope

Trying to appear wholesome. Ladies and gent, the female Freddie Kruger.
Careful, I don't think she's had her shots ;O)

Alas, you are again in error. I have had my shots. I was a certified
rabies immunoglobulin donor for much of the early 90's.

Penelope

It's easy to think of you as certified.

Don't forget to eat your lead.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Old 22-08-2008, 03:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 18:30:13 -0700, Billy
wrote:
Penelope Periwinkle wrote:
Billy wrote:
Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

stuff
Trying to appear wholesome. Ladies and gent, the female Freddie Kruger.
Careful, I don't think she's had her shots ;O)

Alas, you are again in error. I have had my shots. I was a certified
rabies immunoglobulin donor for much of the early 90's.

It's easy to think of you as certified.

*preen*

Don't forget to eat your lead.

Don't forget to treat your head.