Old 18-06-2009, 03:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Eggpalnt

Last year we froze a bunch of eggplant that we did not use over the
winter. My question is how can I cook it now that is mushy? Does
anyone have a goo recipe for a soup or something? I have checked all
of my cookbooks and have found nothing for mush. Ideas?

MJ
Old 18-06-2009, 03:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

One recipe I use for eggplant is
to cook them down in a boiler with some
chopped onion and garlic until they are quite thick,
let cool and make patties out of the mixture,
flour and fry them.

basilisk

Old 18-06-2009, 04:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

wrote in message
Last year we froze a bunch of eggplant that we did not use over the
winter. My question is how can I cook it now that is mushy?

Try an eggplant bechamel, I use it for Vegan dishes, especially as a layer
in a Lasaunga.