Old 10-08-2009, 05:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default shot gun weeding

About a year ago there was a link to a video (British TV?) showing
using a shot gun as a quick and efficient weeding tool. Does anyone
remember what it was called or have a link to it?

Thanks
Old 10-08-2009, 06:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
ljp other wrote:

About a year ago there was a link to a video (British TV?) showing
using a shot gun as a quick and efficient weeding tool. Does anyone
remember what it was called or have a link to it?

Thanks

Quick and efficient up to the point where you need to get the
contaminating lead out of your soil. If you live within city limits, or
housing tract, it also would be an efficient way of introducing yourself
to the local law enforcement providers.

When you see your local law enforcement providers, be sure to put down,
and step away from your gardening tool, so that they won't be tempted to
do a little weeding of their own.
--
Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common denominator in our exploitative economic system.*
~Channing E. Phillips

http://tinyurl.com/o63ruj
http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm
Old 10-08-2009, 10:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Billy wrote:

In article
,
ljp other wrote:

About a year ago there was a link to a video (British TV?) showing
using a shot gun as a quick and efficient weeding tool. Does anyone
remember what it was called or have a link to it?

Thanks

Quick and efficient up to the point where you need to get the
contaminating lead out of your soil.

Steel shot is widely available.

Brian

--
Day 189 of the "no grouchy usenet posts" project
Old 11-08-2009, 12:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"Default User" wrote:

Billy wrote:

In article
,
ljp other wrote:

About a year ago there was a link to a video (British TV?) showing
using a shot gun as a quick and efficient weeding tool. Does anyone
remember what it was called or have a link to it?

Thanks

Quick and efficient up to the point where you need to get the
contaminating lead out of your soil.

Steel shot is widely available.

Brian

New gun, huh? How about the other problem?

Old 11-08-2009, 12:50 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

ljp other wrote:
About a year ago there was a link to a video (British TV?) showing
using a shot gun as a quick and efficient weeding tool. Does anyone
remember what it was called or have a link to it?

Thanks

Pull the other one it has a bell on it.

David

Old 11-08-2009, 02:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Aug 10, 11:12 am, Billy wrote:
In article
,
ljp other wrote:

About a year ago there was a link to a video (British TV?) showing
using a shot gun as a quick and efficient weeding tool. Does anyone
remember what it was called or have a link to it?

Thanks

Quick and efficient up to the point where you need to get the
contaminating lead out of your soil. If you live within city limits, or
housing tract, it also would be an efficient way of introducing yourself
to the local law enforcement providers.

Clearly, you don't know the answer to the question. Also, I didn't
ask for a critique of the technique. I'll give you the benefit of the
doubt and assume this is a troll rather than an example of your
gullibility -- in any event, get a life.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

It is possible to load a shell with no shot and just use the blast of
air against the weeds I suppose; seems like it would be a huge waste
of time and money but maybe it would be more fun than a hoe?

Old 11-08-2009, 02:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

J.R. wrote:
It is possible to load a shell with no shot and just use the blast of
air against the weeds I suppose; seems like it would be a huge waste
of time and money but maybe it would be more fun than a hoe?

You could even use it to trim your toenails or clean the mud off your
boots - why the possibilities are endless.

David

Old 12-08-2009, 04:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"J.R." wrote in message
It is possible to load a shell with no shot and just use the blast of
air against the weeds I suppose; seems like it would be a huge waste
of time and money but maybe it would be more fun than a hoe?

Just load the shell with fertilizer and you have a high power weed and feed.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"J.R." wrote in message
It is possible to load a shell with no shot and just use the blast of
air against the weeds I suppose; seems like it would be a huge waste
of time and money but maybe it would be more fun than a hoe?

I dont know I knew a hoe that what pretty fun.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Ron Reagun" wrote in message

"J.R." wrote in message
It is possible to load a shell with no shot and just use the blast of
air against the weeds I suppose; seems like it would be a huge waste
of time and money but maybe it would be more fun than a hoe?

I dont know I knew a hoe that was pretty fun.