Old 06-02-2010, 12:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default what do you think about organic gardening Q+A + wiki + voting +reputation?

I recently stared a web site for Organic gardening questions and
answers. [link] this has features of a wiki, an experts exchange,
voting and reputation. Tell me what you think?
Old 07-02-2010, 10:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

I think you're so far behind the curve that for you to attempt to compile
info like that is....well, maybe you have more free time on your hands than
I do. Try this resource;
www.dirtdoctor.com

over 20 years of proven organic research by real people in the real world.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"ciarandeb" wrote in message

*I recently stared a web site for Organic gardening questions and
answers. [link] this has features of a wiki, an experts exchange,
voting and reputation. Tell me what you think?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the input and I accept your point. The site you refer to
has loads of good content and has been going a long time. I have a
couple of points to make.

1) There's room for more than one website about organic gardening.
This is also my hobby so I am learning as I go and I don't mind
spending the time.
2) My site is not a forum in the old style but a whole new concept
based on stackexchange. Some of the key differentiators between this
and conventional forums are in summary:
You can vote up answers that you believe are accurate. This means if
you find an answer you can see its score and judge if it is a good
answer or not. Users get reputation points for answering and asking
questions, this adds a competitive and addictive element. Questions
are organized by tags, which makes the site easily searchable and
browsable. Users
more here http://meta.stackexchange.com/questi...scussion-forum
and here http://blogs.zdnet.com/weblife/?p=889