Old 14-05-2010, 04:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default The Diabetic Garden

Seems just about every thing I ever planted was aimed at sugar
production. Wondering if folks with sugar issues can plant accordingly ?

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?

http://www.thesunmagazine.org/
Old 14-05-2010, 04:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Bill who putters wrote:

Seems just about every thing I ever planted was aimed at sugar
production. Wondering if folks with sugar issues can plant accordingly ?

Need more input.
For me, veggie sources of carbs are less problematic than, say, a Micky D's
bun loaded with HFCS.
(type II; HvA1c=5.9)

Old 14-05-2010, 05:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Fri, 14 May 2010 11:25:07 -0400, Bill who putters wrote:

Seems just about every thing I ever planted was aimed at sugar
production. Wondering if folks with sugar issues can plant accordingly ?

If you don't refine your plants' sugar, you'll do fine.
Old 14-05-2010, 06:53 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Bill who putters" wrote in message

Seems just about every thing I ever planted was aimed at sugar
production. Wondering if folks with sugar issues can plant accordingly ?

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?

http://www.thesunmagazine.org/

The only thing I quite growing after the onset of
type 2 is potatos, my garden this year consist of:

tomatoes
corn
peas(cowpeas to you yankees)
pinto beans
asian long beans
okra
drum head cabbage
turnips
mustard
buttercrunch lettuce
5 varieties of peppers
crook neck squash
white scalloped squash
zuchinni
carrots
bokchoy

My gardening does reflect my diabetes, in the past
I would have grown 2 80' rows of potatos and
much more corn than I have now.

basilisk

Old 16-05-2010, 01:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"basilisk" wrote in message

[...]

My brother plants stevia.
Diesel.

Old 16-05-2010, 08:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Sat, 15 May 2010 20:31:48 -0400, None4U wrote:

"basilisk" wrote in message

[...]

I have grown stevia in the past,
there is no denying it is sweet,
but it has an edgy metallic taste that
I don't care for.

Like most taste, it is purely subjective
and some of the blends aren't all that bad.

basilisk

Old 17-05-2010, 12:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"basilisk" wrote in message

[...]

There is a difference between plants as well, and perhaps a difference
with the season.
--
- Billy