Old 18-05-2010, 02:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Anyone Growing Persimons?

My wife bought a few fruit trees by catalogue this spring, the kind
that arrive about 3-4 feet long with bare roots bundled in moist
packing of some sort. Everything grew well, putting forth leaves and,
in the case of the quinces, flowers. Except the persimmons.

She's tried planting persimmons about every 8-10 years but they never
take. I know they grow in our area because there are two trees on the
highway about a mile from our place. Anyone out there have better luck
with them?

I told her that next time she wants to plant persimmons, we should go
to a local nursery and buy some potted saplings with leaves on them,
just to make sure they're alive. Or go dig some up along the highway.

Paul

Persimons Oren[_2_] Edible Gardening 16 11-11-2010 01:09 PM
anyone growing Plumeria in Zone5-6 Cincinnati? MK Gardening 2 29-07-2004 09:46 AM
anyone growing Indian vines? urwelcome Gardening 1 03-07-2004 06:02 PM
saffron crocus--anyone ever try growing it here? Heidi North Carolina 6 24-07-2003 07:09 PM
Anyone use a space heater in home for warm growing orchids? Elpaninaro Orchids 8 10-03-2003 04:44 AM