Old 01-05-2003, 01:32 AM
Other Brother Kevin

Default (OT) Posting -CAUTION NET NANNY AT WORK HERE

The Cook wrote:

Of course you can post any way you want to. On the other hand, the
readers are free to read or not read, answer or not answer. If you get
the reputation of "I can post any way I want and to hell the rest of
you", you may find the people who know the answer to your question may
decide not to bother.

Not all ISP get all messages in order. So your idea that everyone
already knows what the thread is about is wrong.

In some places (and the Internet and newsgroups are international)
people have to pay telephone charges and ISP charges, usually by the
minute. So putting your "Me too" or other drivel at either the top
or the bottom of a 200 line message is costing some people money for
downlload time. They soon get the idea the you do not care and simply
kill file you. Too bad if they happen to be the only one who knows
the answer to your question.

And if you want people to take your messages seriously, grammar and
spelling count. I can almost always tell when the poster is not a
person for whom English is a first language. For them, I will spend
time to decipher a question that I may have some information about.
But if it is an obvious English speaker who cannot take the time to
write a message in understandable English, I am not going to take the
time to figure out what they are saying and then find and post an
answer.

Remember, you are not writing for yourself, you are writing to ask for
help or give information to other people. Or if you are writing for
yourself, that is exactly who is reading.

What's this got to do with gardening? You're one of them educated
pompous asses who jump on groups and want everything to be sweet and
orderly as in academia. WELL this ain't no hallowed hall.
If a person asks a well thought out question and has done SOME research
it deserves and answer. Grammer and spelling have little importants to a
well thought out question.

Feeling and writing in a superior tone will get you ignored/plonked just
as fast.

Yo Cookie a little more bran in the diet and some more fliuds will work
wonders for you.

Kevin

It may be that your sole purpose in life is to simply serve as a bad
example for the rest of us.

Old 03-05-2003, 01:32 AM

um, i think the grammEr errors were deliberate.....

roz

Is there an issue with individual.net (news.individual.net or mid.individual.net)? Jake United Kingdom 8 03-08-2010 09:10 PM
Work, Work, Work Hud Edible Gardening 21 10-05-2007 12:23 AM
Top Posting; Snop Posting: STOP POSTING! chagoi Ponds 8 17-11-2004 03:08 PM
5 days left to send papers to CSCC 2004 Invitation. [email protected] Is the W SEAS World New Invitation from WSEAS Plant Biology 0 12-06-2004 07:07 AM