Old 25-01-2011, 07:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gz Gz is offline

Default clipping

I planted my pepper seeds last night. Set up some lamps. The seed
man suggests that you snip off the early leaves. I never did that and
not sure if I should. I got peppers from Ghost to Jalapeno.

I should also heat up my dirt.

On the final growing season, it has been found that the root
temperature is highly influential on hotness level.

greg
Old 25-01-2011, 11:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
Gz wrote:

I planted my pepper seeds last night. Set up some lamps. The seed
man suggests that you snip off the early leaves. I never did that and
not sure if I should. I got peppers from Ghost to Jalapeno.

I should also heat up my dirt.

On the final growing season, it has been found that the root
temperature is highly influential on hotness level.

Do you mean that last year you noticed that soil temperature affected
the scoville score of the peppers?

greg

--
- Billy
³When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.²
Old 26-01-2011, 03:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gz Gz is offline

On Jan 25, 6:08*pm, Billy wrote:
In article
,

*Gz wrote:
I planted my pepper seeds last night. Set up some lamps. The seed
man suggests that you snip off the early leaves. I never did that and
not sure if I should. I got peppers from Ghost to Jalapeno.

I should also heat up my dirt.

On the final growing season, it has been found that the root
temperature is highly influential on hotness level.

Do you mean that last year you noticed that soil temperature affected
the scoville score of the peppers?

greg

--
- Billy
When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist.
-Archbishop Helder Camarahttp://peace.mennolink.org/articles/israelpeacegroups.htmlhttp://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/01/2011181213096468...
20111812130964689.html

No, I reported what a fellow PHD worker observed during an experiment
with his daughter some time ago.
Soil temperature mattered.

greg