Old 03-03-2013, 09:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Still in a Rush

I've become addicted to Chicken Enchiladas Verdes. Usually the very
simple sauce calls for tomatillos, but now I see that green tomatoes can
be substituted. I can hardly wait for fall.

Secondly, I found Zigeuner-Soße: A Paprika Tomato Sauce for Meat. It
uses an obscene amount of multicolored bell beppers, but it is delicious.
Beppers!?? Peppers, I must be thinking of my new hero Beppe Grillo.

Thirdly, late in life, I've found Ajvar, pronounced Eye-var, this dish
is made of roasted Peppers and Eggplant. Ripe red mild or medium-hot
peppers are most often used, although green peppers, unripe tomatoes,
and even string beans can be combined into ajvar.

Serve as an appetizer to spread on thick slices of country-style white
bread or flat pita bread with chunks of feta cheese, or use as a side
dish to accompany grilled or roasted meats.

Think I'll go flog the cold soil, and see if I can't speed things up in
the garden a bit.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

Old 03-03-2013, 10:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Billy wrote:
I've become addicted to Chicken Enchiladas Verdes. Usually the very
simple sauce calls for tomatillos, but now I see that green tomatoes
can be substituted. I can hardly wait for fall.

Secondly, I found Zigeuner-Soße: A Paprika Tomato Sauce for Meat. It
uses an obscene amount of multicolored bell beppers, but it is
delicious. Beppers!?? Peppers, I must be thinking of my new hero
Beppe Grillo.

Thirdly, late in life, I've found Ajvar, pronounced Eye-var, this dish
is made of roasted Peppers and Eggplant. Ripe red mild or medium-hot
peppers are most often used, although green peppers, unripe tomatoes,
and even string beans can be combined into ajvar.

Serve as an appetizer to spread on thick slices of country-style white
bread or flat pita bread with chunks of feta cheese, or use as a side
dish to accompany grilled or roasted meats.

Sound yummy.

Think I'll go flog the cold soil, and see if I can't speed things up
in the garden a bit.

Is that like spanking the monkey?

Old 03-03-2013, 11:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Billy wrote:
[...]

rec.gardens.oedipal ?

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

Old 08-03-2013, 05:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article
,
Billy wrote:

Thirdly, late in life, I've found Ajvar, pronounced Eye-var, this dish
is made of roasted Peppers and Eggplant. Ripe red mild or medium-hot
peppers are most often used, although green peppers, unripe tomatoes,
and even string beans can be combined into ajvar.

Serve as an appetizer to spread on thick slices of country-style white
bread or flat pita bread with chunks of feta cheese, or use as a side
dish to accompany grilled or roasted meats.

Have a friend who discovered this and makes dips for her church socials.
I think she mixed it with cream cheese and finely minced mushrooms
Old 08-03-2013, 05:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

Thirdly, late in life, I've found Ajvar, pronounced Eye-var, this dish
is made of roasted Peppers and Eggplant. Ripe red mild or medium-hot
peppers are most often used, although green peppers, unripe tomatoes,
and even string beans can be combined into ajvar.

Serve as an appetizer to spread on thick slices of country-style white
bread or flat pita bread with chunks of feta cheese, or use as a side
dish to accompany grilled or roasted meats.

Have a friend who discovered this and makes dips for her church socials.
I think she mixed it with cream cheese and finely minced mushrooms

Welcome to Macedonia.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or

In a rush Billy[_12_] Edible Gardening 16 26-02-2013 05:44 PM
Fall - Rush Aster_7379.jpg (1/1) Donn Thorson Garden Photos 0 18-10-2009 11:12 AM
Asters - Rush-Aster_7181.jpg (1/1) Donn Thorson Garden Photos 0 25-09-2009 11:45 AM
Pickeral Rush Newbie Bill Ponds 14 26-07-2004 11:03 PM
Lawn Mowers - Tune-ups, Repairs [Free House Calls in Raleigh] BEAT THE RUSH james North Carolina 0 02-03-2004 01:43 PM