Old 06-04-2015, 08:00 PM
Registered User

Location: Guildford, Surrey, UK
Default Capsicum - Scotch Bonnet Advice

First time I have attempted to grow Scotch bonnets.
A little concerned they are growing too slowly and will not mature.

Are they best kept in greenhouse or should I harden them off outside???

Summer in England is a bit hit and miss.
Varieties such as Anaheim, Apache and Cayenne seem best for English climate.
Just trying something different.

Brian
Old 07-04-2015, 12:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

tvrchimaera wrote:
First time I have attempted to grow Scotch bonnets.
A little concerned they are growing too slowly and will not mature.

Are they best kept in greenhouse or should I harden them off
outside???

Summer in England is a bit hit and miss.
Varieties such as Anaheim, Apache and Cayenne seem best for English
climate.
Just trying something different.

Brian

How about you tell us what your climate is. What is your maximum and
minimum daily temperature likely to be over summer? How long is your growing
season between last and first frost?

--
David

Corporate propaganda is their
protection against democracy

Old 07-04-2015, 08:18 PM
Registered User

Location: Guildford, Surrey, UK

Current daytime temps are about 60-68F.
At night around 38-42F.
Keep plants indoors overnight.

Growing season starts about now till mid September.
Being an Island our weather is really unpredictable.
When sky's are clear there is a chance of frost.

My other chillies are fine.
Just the Scotch Bonnets that are struggling.

Brian