Old 03-10-2017, 01:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default My chestnut trees

Other tree is behind big tree.

https://imgur.com/a/YI3Ka

After planting the other tree I discovered it was maybe a foot or so in
neighbors yard which is completely overgrown.

This picture is other end of yard where trees fell in 2015 between
neighbor and my yards and we had to have removed:

https://imgur.com/a/5ymeu

Don't know if I mentioned it in this group but that neighbor had a tree
fall on his house and wife in their yard this January. House needed new
roof and wife has metal rods in both legs that were badly broken. She
still walks with a limp but is expected to fully recover.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 10/2/2017 7:30 PM, Frank wrote:
Other tree is behind big tree.

https://imgur.com/a/YI3Ka

After planting the other tree I discovered it was maybe a foot or so in
neighbors yard which is completely overgrown.

This picture is other end of yard where trees fell in 2015 between
neighbor and my yards and we had to have removed:

https://imgur.com/a/5ymeu

Don't know if I mentioned it in this group but that neighbor had a tree
fall on his house and wife in their yard this January.Â* House needed new
roof and wife has metal rods in both legs that were badly broken.Â* She
still walks with a limp but is expected to fully recover.

I saw that on the second picture. Didn't realize Chinese chestnuts were
such small trees. I was thinking huge trees like hickory, etc.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On 10/2/2017 9:16 PM, George Shirley wrote:
On 10/2/2017 7:30 PM, Frank wrote:
Other tree is behind big tree.

https://imgur.com/a/YI3Ka

After planting the other tree I discovered it was maybe a foot or so
in neighbors yard which is completely overgrown.

This picture is other end of yard where trees fell in 2015 between
neighbor and my yards and we had to have removed:

https://imgur.com/a/5ymeu

Don't know if I mentioned it in this group but that neighbor had a
tree fall on his house and wife in their yard this January.Â* House
needed new roof and wife has metal rods in both legs that were badly
broken.Â* She still walks with a limp but is expected to fully recover.

I saw that on the second picture. Didn't realize Chinese chestnuts were
such small trees. I was thinking huge trees like hickory, etc.

I don't consider it small. Not sure how big it is. Wiki says they grow
to 20 m. Offhand, I'd guess that is about the height of mine. Wiki
says the American chestnut grows to 30 m.

Rare native American Chestnut trees.............. John Poss Plant Biology 0 25-09-2006 02:43 PM
horse chestnut trees problem Smokeyone Gardening 4 28-10-2004 11:52 AM
Chestnut trees can still grace your landscape Earl Buchan Gardening 0 03-06-2004 07:04 PM
Chestnut trees Justin Gardening 8 21-09-2003 03:32 PM
Sprouting/Growing Edible Chestnut? Terry United Kingdom 6 11-03-2003 12:32 PM