Old 21-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Norma Briggs

Default garden software

I am not sure how good this is, but here is the link for anyone who is
interested:

http://www.kurtz-fernhout.com/features.htm

This is the caption, plus more is on the page, "What can you learn with
Garden with Insight? As much as you want to! GWI is designed so you can
learn about gardening at three different levels. "

I am going to try and will let you all know what I think (being a fan of
freeware).

Old 21-05-2003, 10:32 PM
tippy1

Norma Briggs wrote:

I am not sure how good this is, but here is the link for anyone who is
interested:

http://www.kurtz-fernhout.com/features.htm

This is the caption, plus more is on the page, "What can you learn with
Garden with Insight? As much as you want to! GWI is designed so you can
learn about gardening at three different levels. "

I am going to try and will let you all know what I think (being a fan of
freeware).

Where does it say it is freeware?
--

Squire
Old 21-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Pat Meadows

On Wed, 21 May 2003 21:02:14 GMT, "Norma Briggs"
wrote:

I am not sure how good this is, but here is the link for anyone who is
interested:

http://www.kurtz-fernhout.com/features.htm

This is the caption, plus more is on the page, "What can you learn with
Garden with Insight? As much as you want to! GWI is designed so you can
learn about gardening at three different levels. "

I am going to try and will let you all know what I think (being a fan of
freeware).

Please do. I'm a freeware fan too.

I don't have time to try it myself at present - too much
work in the garden!

But if you like it, I'll give it a try later on when things
settle down.

Pat
Old 21-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Pat Meadows

On Wed, 21 May 2003 17:28:35 -0400, tippy1
wrote:

Norma Briggs wrote:

I am not sure how good this is, but here is the link for anyone who is
interested:

http://www.kurtz-fernhout.com/features.htm

This is the caption, plus more is on the page, "What can you learn with
Garden with Insight? As much as you want to! GWI is designed so you can
learn about gardening at three different levels. "

I am going to try and will let you all know what I think (being a fan of
freeware).

Where does it say it is freeware?

Here - http://www.kurtz-fernhout.com/license.htm

-----------------
GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
Version 2, June 1991

Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA

Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.

Preamble
The licenses for most software are designed to take away
your freedom to share and change it. By contrast, the GNU
General Public License is intended to guarantee your freedom
to share and change free software--to make sure the software
is free for all its users. This General Public License
applies to most of the Free Software Foundation's software
and to any other program whose authors commit to using it.
(Some other Free Software Foundation software is covered by
the GNU Library General Public License instead.) You can
apply it to your programs, too.

---------------------

GNU software is free.

Pat

Old 26-05-2003, 01:08 AM
Dave Allyn

GNU software is free.

TECHNICALLY, under a GNU license, they can charge for distribution or
support, just not the program itself. (i.e.) the ycan charge you 5
bucks to mail you a copy, or access thier servers if you are to
download it. they could also charge you 29.95 a year to support the
software.

In this case, however, there are no fees I could find. It does seem
to be 100% freeware....

email: daveallyn at bwsys dot net
please respond in this NG so others
can share your wisdom as well!