Old 04-06-2003, 10:32 PM
ROBERT O'REILLY

Default days on seed pak

the "days" indicated on a seed pak, does this indicate from fruit set to ripeness?
Old 12-06-2003, 02:44 PM
ROBERT O'REILLY

thanks for the replies. guess i'll have to pay attention next yr and
mark the calender to see how accurate they are

Old 13-06-2003, 11:44 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Repeating Decimal said:

I am growing medium sized banana squash from Burpee seeds using a hydroponic
grower. The packet says typical size of 16 pounds, (7 kg?) is achieved in 90
days after sowing. Does anyone really believe that to be possible?

Yes. Absolutely possible. The squash should reach this size by then.
However, the fruit will continue to sweeten and improve with more time on
the vine. So actual time to ideal harvest condition may be a bit longer.

It is about 10 days since starting. The seeds have swollen but not actually
sprouted. That is well within the 14 days suggested by Burpee.

Outdoors, my squash seeds usually sprout in 7 - 10 days.

It just seems that there is too little time left even though the squash will
not be deprived of nutrition and sun.

I don't plant my seeds until June 1. I will have large squash by September.
I leave them on the vine until sometime in October (taking them in before frost
can damage them).

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)

Pak choi with brown streaks in stems Nick Maclaren[_3_] United Kingdom 4 12-10-2013 04:08 PM
pak choi bob[_5_] United Kingdom 1 25-05-2010 02:53 PM
Pak Choi The Reid United Kingdom 2 09-07-2003 09:11 PM
2 days left to arrange pickup of ice storm debris Griffin North Carolina 0 26-02-2003 08:24 PM
The past few days madgard Gardening 3 30-01-2003 02:57 AM