Old 17-06-2003, 12:10 AM
Simon Stenkle

Default cucumber beetles!

I found about 20 cucumber beetles in the garden. I would like to use neem
or introduce ladybugs, green lacewings, or praying mantises but I canot find
anyone who carries them. Mail order will not due, due to the urgency of the
issue. Anyone in upstate ny know where these products are sold?

Simon

Old 17-06-2003, 04:20 AM
Noydb

Simon Stenkle wrote:

I found about 20 cucumber beetles in the garden. I would like to use neem
or introduce ladybugs, green lacewings, or praying mantises but I canot
find
anyone who carries them. Mail order will not due, due to the urgency of
the
issue. Anyone in upstate ny know where these products are sold?

Simon

Simon,
I searched http://www.google.com for the term "cucumber beetle contro
l" and came up with this link:
http://www.ghorganics.com/CucumberBeetles.htm

There were 13,000 hits. If the answers on this link don't sui
t you, probably one of the others will.

Bill

Old 17-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Pat Meadows

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 22:58:32 GMT, "Simon Stenkle"
wrote:

I found about 20 cucumber beetles in the garden. I would like to use neem
or introduce ladybugs, green lacewings, or praying mantises but I canot find
anyone who carries them. Mail order will not due, due to the urgency of the
issue. Anyone in upstate ny know where these products are sold?

http://www.gardensalive.com ships quite quickly - they might
be your best bet. Use express shipping.

I'm in northern PA - I've had NO luck in finding organic
controls locally. Just unheard of.

Pat
Old 17-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Simon Stenkle

Thanks this sight looks excellent! I'm going to try some of the home
remedies. I'll let you know how I make out.

simon

Old 19-06-2003, 02:44 AM
Simon Stenkle

I appled a solution of garlic, habenero peppers and water and also left some
onion skins around the base of the plants and I have not seen a cucumber
beetle since!!

simon